The Garmin inReach Mini 2 continues to show why Garmin is the leader in satellite communicators and GPS systems.
Why we like this product
- Global satellite coverage when cellphones lose reception
- Integrated SOS button for when emergencies happen
- Stay connected with loved ones when out of cell phone coverage with satellite communication
- TracBack routing keeps you from getting lost on the way back to camp or a designated area
- Expand capabilities of the device with Garmin Explore app compatibility
- Up to 14 days of battery life depending on the mode
The inReach Mini 2 is a compact, lightweight satellite communicator that keeps home with you when you’re off the grid. This feature-filled device will add peace of mind to every adventure you take on. Two-way messaging with the inReach Mini 2 allows you to send messages, post to social media, and talk inReach to in Reach while in the field. In case of serious injury or emergency, send out an interactive SOS message to Garmin's 24/7 emergency response coordination center and rest easy knowing help is on the way. MapShare feature allows you to share your location with friends and family back home, in 2-minute tracking intervals. The new user interface provides a higher resolution display to show relevant data at a glance, this is similar to a widget view on select wearable devices. The user can now initiate the new Breadcrumb Trail feature, this saves your route to make it easy to see what ground you've already covered. It also can create hidden and temporary tracking recordings once every 10 minutes. The Digital Compass is also new and provides an accurate heading even when stationary. New improved time to your first satellite GPS fix, battery power has been improved from the older model giving you 14 days of battery in 10-minute track mode. Elevate your inReach Mini 2 by connecting it to the Garmin Explore App for messaging, weather, high detailed Topo & Arial mapping, navigation, and trip planning.