* Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide its users with the highest performance possible in the field. Please use the sizing chart to help guide you to the correctly sized garment.
- Extremely waterproof and breathable yet rugged enough for the backcountry
- Stratum Layered Zipper System to help manage heat retention without removing boots or clothing
- Complete the system with the M5 Rain Jacket for the ultimate wet weather protection
- Contoured Waist to help keep you comfortable while layering under your packs waist belt
- YKK VISLON® and Aquaguard® zippers for the ultimate in waterproof protection
- The M5 Pants are constructed with HydraShield™, a mechanical stretch 3-layer laminate with industry-leading waterproof and breathability
The M5 Rain Pant is new for 2020. Sporting Stone Glaciers own waterproof textile technology, HydraShield, the M5 has a mechanical stretch 3-layer laminate that has an amazing waterproof rating of 31,000 mm. 20,000+ mm means a garment is rainproof and waterproof under very high pressure and it will easily protect you in heavy rain, wet snow. The M5 also has an MVTR breathability rating of 27,600g, anything above 15,000g is perfect for the western hunter that could be hunting or hiking with a load while wearing it. The bottom line, the waterproof and breathabilty of the M5 rain gear will keep you dry and protected in the harshest terrain under the worst conditions. Other features include the Contour waist system for easy layering, YKK Vislon, and Aquaguard zippers, and Stone Glacier's unique Stratum layered zipper system allowing you to retain or vent body heat all the way down to your skin without removing any clothing. The M5 Rain Pant provides the tough rain protection that's required when you're deep in the backcountry.
*Waist: Measure around your waist at the narrowest part. This measurement should coincide with the size in which you typically purchase pants.
**Belt Line: Measure around your waist at the point in which your pants typically ride.
***Inseam: From a standing position, measure from your crotch down the inside leg to the floor.
|Weight||15 oz (large)|
|Venting||Stratum Layered Zipper System|
|Material||HydraShield 3-Layer Laminate|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship|
The rain pants are tuff as nails, breath extremely well, and fix great. I went on a 14 day backcountry elk hunt in Idaho and on the trip I wore them about 9 days. I walked in rain, through much vegetation that was wet and that constantly tested the durability of the pants. They are very water proof and my clothes underneath never got wet. I could not believe how well they breathed with the protection from rain and moisture. The only issue was the outer shell absorbed moisture and took longer to dry out. I compared these pants to my rain jacket from another company that did not absorb moisture and dried out quickly. Overall, I am happy with the purchase and would make the purchase again.
I’m from Montana and wanted to support Stone Glacier since that’s where they claim to make their products. They are sell outs and have their products made over seas. There are better options out there. At the premium price they charge, I won’t be buying their stuff again since it’s not even made in Montana or in the US.
The M5 pants are amazing. I’m 6’5” with really long legs and the tall size pants are plenty long for me. Quality is top notch and very lightweight. Only real complaint is on the size guide it said to order your normal size which ended up fitting but with little to no room for layering and zipper adjustment. Overall top notch pants.
Stone Glacier M5 Rain Pants