- This Katadyn filter eliminates bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores, and sediments
- Integrated bottle thread fits directly on Nalgene wide-mouth bottles
- Two filter rates, “longer life” and “faster flow” to suit your individual needs when in the backcountry
- Weighs just 15 oz making it a lightweight option for backpack hunting
- 7"x4" dimensions with a filter rate of 1L per minute in longer life mode and 2L per minute in fast flow mode
- Two filters, ceramic works as a dirt shield and glass fiber for microbiological filtration with minimal pump resistance
Clear or dirty water, the award-winning Katadyn Vario is adjustable to different conditions. It uses ceramic as a cleanable dirt shield and glass fiber for microbiological filtration with minimal pump resistance. In the “LONGER LIFE” mode, the turbid water is first pre-filtered through the ceramic disk and has an output of approx. 1L/min. When operating in mode “FASTER FLOW”, the water is directed straight to the glass fiber membrane, increasing the water flow to up to 2L/min. The filter eliminates bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores, and sediments and also reduces chemicals and improves taste and odor thanks to a replaceable activated carbon granulate. A dual-piston mechanism provides continuous water flow with minimal effort, the rubber base a secure stand and an integrated bottle thread fits directly on Nalgene wide-mouth bottles. With a capacity of up to 2,000 liters and the ability to replace the cartridge, this is an excellent backpack hunting water filter.
|Packed Size||7" x 4"|
|Water Treatment Type||Pump|
|Flow Rate||1L/min in "LONGER LIFE" mode
2L/min in "FASTER FLOW" mode
|Effective Against||Bacteria, protozoa, cysts, algae, spores, and sediments|
|Filter Pore Size||0.2 microns|
|Filter Method||Activated Carbon|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 Year|
Recently returned from CO elk hunt in which I used this system to filter water. The outfitter assured me that the water in camp was from a spring and did not need to be filtered as the guides and wrangles have never gotten sick. Regardless, I used this system preferring to ascribe to the Russian rhyming proverb of, "trust but verify". It was easy to use, lightweight and filled by water bottle and bladder quickly and efficiently. Do not let the water freeze in the filters as I imaging the unit would crack. I would also suggest being gentle with the unit when using in a cold environment as the plastic handle will likely be more prone to break.