* Stone Glacier products are designed with an athletic fit to provide its users with the highest performance possible in the field. Please utilize the sizing guide to help you choose the correctly sized garment.
- Softshell jacket designed specifically for backcountry hunters
- Excellent breathability, pit zips, and a strategically placed chest pocket allow you to utilize this versatile jacket even while wearing your pack
- This jacket has become Brady’s go to
- Highly breathable tight weave DWR treated water and wind-resistant face with a lightly brushed fleece backer
- Extended back hem for increased comfort and protection while wearing a pack
- Strategic color blocking to break up body symmetry at a distance
The De Havilland Jacket from Stone Glacier was designed specifically for the backcountry hunter. This breathable softshell features a tightly weaved DWR face and a lightly brushed fleece backer. The textile offers the perfect balance of weather protection and breathability. The 4-way stretch material dropped back hem, and articulated elbows make this an incredibly comfortable jacket whether you are hiking with a pack or sitting and glassing. Perfectly placed hand and chest pockets offer access even while wearing a backpack with a waist belt. All of these great features make this jacket a no-brainer for the backcountry or even around town.
|Weight||1 lb 7 oz (large)|
|Pockets||2 zippered hand, 2 zippered chest|
|Material||50% polyester, 43% nylon, and 7% spandex blend|
|Manufacturer Warranty||Lifetime warranty on materials and workmanship|
Big fan of SG...I am a smaller stature guy and no brand fits me as well as SG. Good jacket and much what I expected with the exception of how thin the insulation is. Make sure your wool/fleece and down layers have plenty of room underneath to remain "puffy" and keep you warm as this jacket won't contribute a huge amount of insulation. I'm writing this at the end of Jan. 2022 and SG just came out with the 2022 version and goHunt currently has the 2021, two tone version. The 2022 has more room in the chest and they went back to the mono-color scheme as opposed to the two-tone, breakup, pattern. I like the two-tone aesthetically and functionally so if you do too, grab one of these while they last...If you are built like superman and like solid colors, get the 2022 version.
Very breathable, great pockets, perfect hood.
I absolutely love this jacket and Stone Glacier system. Everything just makes sense from the zippers to the longer tail end of the jacket to keep wind out. It’s quiet and super comfortable in the field. Definitely reference the sizing guide for perfect fit.
The SG De Haviland is a great addition to my system. It is great as a shell or mid layer. The pockets are strategically placed for easy access while wearing a pack. It has an athletic fit. The L was tight through the shoulders. I bumped up to an XL. I am 6 foot 190lbs.
I’m on the 8th day of a 13 day pheasant hunting trip in SD. I’ve worn this everyday in the wind and snow and it’s kept me dry. I highly recommend this as a lightweight jacket.