- This pack features a full-length center zipper allowing easy access into the main bag, including items on the bottom without unloading the entire pack
- Easily compresses down to day pack size while in bivy mode
- External compression straps are excellent for strapping commonly used items for quick access
- Side spotting scope pockets make for quick access when time is a priority
- Stone Glacier's EVO frame paired with a 6,400 cubic inch main bag and a 500 cubic inch lid
- The EVO 6900 has added pockets for the hunter who prefers some organization, including two large side zip pockets and two open-top pockets for quickly stashing gear
- The total bare pack weight is just 5 lbs 2 oz
- Built-in load shelf is rated for 150+ pounds of meat
- Made in the USA
The EVO 6900 is built on the EVO frame and is a full-feature pack designed to blend lightweight design with increased access and organization. A 6,400 cubic main bag with 500 cubic inch lid, and 4 external side pockets. The two large side pockets have full-length, heavy-duty #10 zippers with dual sliders for quick access to spotting scope and items needed quickly on the trail. Each side pocket is offset away from the frame to allow tripod or rifle carry without inhibiting the pocket function or access. The lower external side pockets are open-top for carrying a water bottle, tripod, or other gear on the side of the pack.
The EVO 6900 has 4 Swing Out pocket attachments just under the 33” full-length main bag zipper. There are also attachment points for camp pockets on the back interior panel. The Sky Talus can be converted to a 4,000 cubic inch day/bivy pack and is load shelf compatible to add another 2,500+ cubic inches for larger loads. From day hikes using minimal volume, to extended trips using 8,000+ cubic inches, the EVO 6900 will deliver added organization and function while being easily convertible in the field to fit the pack volume needed on any given day.
|28"-30" waist||31"-36" waist||37"+ waist|
|Total Weight||5 lbs 2 oz (medium)|
|Frame Weight||2 lbs 7 oz|
|Bag Weight||2 lbs 11 oz|
|Capacity||6,400 cubic inches|
|Max Load Capacity||150+ lbs|
|Hydration Compatible||Yes with Hydro Sleeve|
|Frame Material||4 - Carbon composite stays|
|Material||500D Cordura & Xpac fabric|
Nice pack, super roomy, and compresses down greatly. I only have two complaints, based around the load shelf and where the frame and belt/straps attach. The old shelf doesn’t expand a great deal, and I could only fit one bone in elk rear quarter in it. It’s made more for deboned, but will probably be a problem for game such as moose in Ak. The Velcro attachment for the frame to harness is something I think will fail. I had a rear and front quarter in the bag and shelf, and I could tell it was pretty stressed. It still performs as of now, but doesn’t look the greatest for only one season. Their buckles and straps could be simplified a bit as well. All in all it’s pretty good, I love the weight, and it’s rides well. I’m okay with it, but not so much with the price compared to the other company it competes with.
Stone Glacier EVO 6900 Backpack
Stone Glacier EVO 6900 Backpack